Hello, friends. It has taken a bit of time to get to this point, but we will be opening the tasting room starting this Sunday, May 31. Things will be a bit different this year so that we can keep you, our employees, and ourselves safe and comfortable as we navigate these unchartered waters.
We have done some renovating that we are eager for you to see, including an expanded restroom and a commercial kitchen, from which we will be rolling out some new menu items in the weeks to come.
We know that many of you have been cooped up at home for too long, and are eager to get outside and enjoy the summer. We also know that some of you may be taking it slow and easing your way back to enjoying public spaces. We want everyone to feel comfortable and safe during their visit.
Here are the guidelines under which we will be operating:
1. We ask that if you are not feeling well, please stay home.
2. We will be wearing face masks whenever we are in close proximity to our guests. We are suggesting that our guests also wear face masks when they are away from their table and not able to keep six feet between them and other guests.
3. We have limited the number of available tables to maintain a six-foot distance between groups. We will have three tables inside the tasting room, with more space available on the deck and on the grounds. This may mean that you may have to wait to be seated, and we are asking for your patience. We will be rolling out a new reservation system in the next week as well.
4. We are limiting the group size at any one table to no more than 10 people (4 per table in the tasting room), and only if it is possible to keep the minimum distance between your group and other guests. We STRONGLY encourage you to make a reservation if your group is larger than four people.
5. We will have hand sanitizer available for your use, and encourage you to wash your hands as well. We will be sanitizing every table between guests as well as frequently used surfaces.
6. We will be offering a flight of three wines (2 oz each) of your choice for tasting for $5. Additional flights can be purchased, and, of course, wine by the glass and bottle will be available.
We have lots of outdoor space, and we encourage you to spread out and enjoy it. Relax at a table on the lawn, take a walk with a glass of wine on our prairie paths, or bring a blanket and sit in the shade. We’ve missed you all, and can’t wait to see you, safely, at the winery.